Wednesday, November 29, 2017

39 Weeks (Fully Baked!) and Happy Birthday to Me

It's official, I am 39 weeks today and the baby is still measuring spot on, weighing in at 3.3kg (7.2 lbs) at my Monday appointment and still about average sized across the board, if the scans are accurate enough to be believed.  The head is now in the 80th percentile for size, though, which scares me a little bit (and scares Michael a lot).

I feel like a ticking bomb!  Before our appointment, Michael was worried that the baby would come too soon while we still felt like we had stuff to prepare.  Then during and after the appointment it was like a switch had been flicked - he wanted the baby out before she got too big.  The man is the epitome of anxiety as we near the witching hour. 

To add to our stress, our next door neighbors decided to move out last week, after peacefully residing next to us for nearly two years.  The landlord is making interior repairs and decoration renovations for two months (two MONTHS!), - which is just devastating timing for our newborn.  I've already spoken to the management about it, and our building thankfully does seem very sensitive to noises and its effect on babies (there are a ton of babies in the building) so I am really, really hopeful that they will be as constructive and responsive as they are promising they will be during this process.  They assure me that the decoration and renovation process will take less time, but does anyone actually believe that?

It's also my birthday today!  My goodness, 33 passed quickly.  I was listening to a podcast the other day that casually referenced "Trump's first year in office" and I nearly dropped my phone in shock.  Has it been a year already?

Michael got me more flowers (our apartment smells like lilies all the time now, not a bad thing my friends) and a nifty, very-essential-at-this-moment portable massager that can be used for the lower, middle and upper back as well as the neck and shoulders, legs and thighs.  It comes with a heat setting too - nice!
 Isn't the wrapping on the present beautiful?

And, to my utter surprise and delight, my work still gave me birthday flowers this year!  I thought they would have forgotten all about it now that I'm officially on maternity leave, but nope, I got a nice delivery to my apartment this morning.  How sweet!

So now, the apartment smells like (a lot of fresh) flowers, woodsy pine (our Christmas tree came on Monday - decorations still forthcoming - I've been working on a tree skirt made out of felt) and... apple pie.  Yes, our helper has become completely and utterly enamored with baking (we are not complaining), and today made a beautiful apple pie, adorned with cut slices of apples in the shape of roses...!  The only issue is that the scent of apple and butter and sugar is currently making our entire apartment smell incredible and really not helping with our late night discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment