Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Quick Trip in Taipei - A Stay at Le Meridien and Lunch at Taipei 101

For purposes of being close to the work meeting, I stayed at the Le Meridien in the Xinyi District.  It is pretty artsy - modern art is everywhere and they offer a free pass to the contemporary art museum with your stay.
 But you know how it is - these starwood hotels are more or less the same.
 Once you are in your room, you could be in any city.


I had a king deluxe room which was nice enough, but it had no tub!


 But the shower had a lot of nozzles, which was quite fancy and fun.


 There was a fancy toilet with a very serious control panel, and a funky (but not really functional) sink.

I ordered some room service - fruit and cheese!



After the meeting, a colleague and I took the client to lunch at Shin Yeh, a traditional restaurant serving Taiwanese cuisine, in Taipei 101.  I was in charge of ordering the food, and I got us some fried oysters with basil, mustard greens with scallops, steamed cod, three cups chicken, and king prawns with vegetables and cashews.  I thought the food was pretty tasty, with the vegetables, the fish and the chicken being my favorite.

It was a beautiful day so we got to see a lot from the 85th floor!





It was a good trip overall.  Funny thing is, I was back in Taiwan not less than 2 days later,  this time with Michael, to attend my cousin's wedding!  So next post coming up -- yet another quick trip to Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment