Thursday, July 9, 2015

Gaucho

Another summer associate lunch for the books.  I had not yet been to Gaucho so I was excited to try this place out.  It's an Argentinian steak house based in London that opened a branch pretty recently in the LHT Tower (right above the Gap) on Queen's Road Central.  It replaced what was formerly Carnevino, so maybe this is just a meat-exclusive spot.

The restaurant has cow hide leather seats (a very nice touch), dark glossy tables and hanging chandeliers.  It's very modern and swanky.

They served some bread and cheesy bread.  The cheesy bread was good, the regular bread not so special (not warm, and kind of hard).
 I ordered a tuna ceviche.  It was tender and fresh, but a little bit on the salty side.
The highlight was definitely the meat - I got a "lomo medallion" paired with some kind of corn mash, which were both quite tasty.  The lomo (tenderloin) was very, very, cut -it-with-a-dull-knife-tender, and they prepared medium rare perfectly.

I didn't take a picture of my dessert, but it was a fruit plate (with mango, passion fruit, watermelon and strawberries) and a scoop of citrus sorbet.


However, I have to say that something felt missing from this lunch.  The portion sizes were really small and I just kept feeling like there should be more for me to eat, even though I did leave full.  Maybe it's also that they don't garnish their plates at all - so everything felt very bare on that front as well?

5th Floor, LHT Tower
31 Queen's Road
Central, Hong Kong
T: +852 2386 8090
E: hongkong@gauchorestaurants.com.hk

No comments:

Post a Comment